Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The AS Shuffle

The AS Shuffle is what I call how I walk when the pain and stiffness in my feet and ankles get so bad that I cant walk normal, I just shuffle around. The AS is for Ankylosing Spondylitis Arthritis. I use to just say my "arthritis" was acting up but then I would get the statement "oh yeah, I have arthritis too, in my ..." and it is too hard to explain that its not that kind of arthritis every time. AS is an autoimmune arthritis, basically my body is attacking itself. Did you know that people who have one autoimmune disease usually develop another one or even more. I have four, MS, AS, Hashimoto Hypothyroidism and Fibromyalgia. AS is actually kind of interesting but a very painful and debilitating disease to have.

I only got to be active one day this week so that is a little discouraging but I am hoping to have a better week ahead of me. I only lost 1 lb but I have been off of coke for a whole week, so I am proud of that! I hope I can get my pain under control and do better this coming week! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment