Friday, April 1, 2011

Life is a Struggle!

The last year has been completely life changing! Not because I was diagnosed with MS, I have known that since 1997 but because I was diagnosed with AS. After I received the MS diagnosis I said to myself, " ok, this is my lot in life that I will have to cope with," boy was I wrong! The Ankylosing Spondylitis has forever changed me and my life! I have had problems on and off for years but after the birth of my son the AS kicked into high gear. It was horrible. It made me question whether I wanted to continue living in such horrible pain. But I endured and I am able to take some meds that help some. They at least make my day manageable but it is a struggle! Everyday I fight! I fight to be active, to care for my son, to be a good wife and to not let the pain turn me into a mean bitter person. So, here I am trying to make the best of what I have been dealt. I guess all I can say is Life is a Struggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment